LegacyGT.com

A few annoyances

Guest *Jedimaster*

Guest *Jedimaster*
On the dashboard of my XT there's the annoying amber colored light that says Passenger aibag on/off- it seems like it should at least be the same color as the rest of the dash lights- or have a little on/off symbol. I also don't like the overhead console that has the idiot light for whether or not the passenger has their seatbelt on. Couln't this space be used for something a little more useful, especially because I can see the passenger sitting right next to me. Lastly, the dome light on my wagon- being that my car has the sunroof- is way in the back seat. I still have the map lights, but they don't come on when you open the door like the regular dome. So who else wants to grouse about what essentially is a perfect car? ;)

[quote name='jedimaster']On the dashboard of my XT there's the annoying amber colored light that says Passenger aibag on/off- it seems like it should at least be the same color as the rest of the dash lights- or have a little on/off symbol. I also don't like the overhead console that has the idiot light for whether or not the passenger has their seatbelt on. Couln't this space be used for something a little more useful, especially because I can see the passenger sitting right next to me. Lastly, the dome light on my wagon- being that my car has the sunroof- is way in the back seat. I still have the map lights, but they don't come on when you open the door like the regular dome. So who else wants to grouse about what essentially is a perfect car? ;)[/quote] Thank the trail lawyers for 1 and 2. All of the newer cars have it that way (amber light). The most obvious annoyance for me is the lack of driver storage space. No little compartment for change (I use the ash tray) or things like that. Also, the dammed shift boot has the faintest, but I hear it, rattle. It's just the stiff new leather but I hear it......

Guest *Jedimaster*
I was thinking of putting some kind of divider in the center console with a change holder. The ashtray, as someone mentioned, should have a delete option for more storage. Definitely gonna get the armrest extension. I need somewhere to rest my arm between shifts. I don't carry much change in the car- I have an ez pass- but left it in my WRX when I traded it in- the dealer is mailing it back to me- I wonder if it'll have tolls on it from the postal truck going through toll booths :lol: Another thing that doesn't really annoy me, but shouldn't be is there's no netting on the back of the criver's seat- only the passengers.

The lighting does suck on the Ltd models with the moonroof. On my wife's Acura TSX, the map lights come on when doors are opened. They need to do this on the Legacy/Outback. It's really dark up front. The center light pretty much only lights up the back seat area. CRaig

Archived