LegacyGT.com

AP Datalogs and Low Boost

skrotes

Hey Guys

So I just got a V2 AccessPort for my 06 OBXT and I realized that I'm about 7 lbs off consistently from the target boost values. I tried taking a few datalogs but sooned realized to redline in 3rd gear means going about 85+ MPH. Anyways I was to get a few alright logs and was wondering if the information from the logs could tell me why I wasn't hitting my target?

I just got some work done on thr car could the car need a reset?

some help would be appreciated.

Don't reset the car. People do this all the time and its actually not beneficial when you are trying to diagnose the car. The car has learned parameters that could help you diagnose. I'd start with logging the following parameters: AF Correction, AF Learning, AF Sensor #1, Engine Load, throttle, Maf Volts and RPM. Just drive around for 20-25 mins with mixed highway and city driving. You don't need to do any WOT. This log should show some large negative values if you have a boost leak.

It's far more likely you have a boost leak. Common locations are the stock TMIC and the IC to throttle body hose. Checking the fuel trims while cruising around as suggested above is a really easy way to see if a leak is your issue. If the fuel trims look good, then you can start looking elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived