LegacyGT.com

Does a Bigger TMIC = Running Lean

The stock tmic was seperating with broken tabs and so the shop got a knock off Process West TMIC for my 06 LGT with 95,800 on the clock. I'm going to get the legit GrimmSpeed one later this year. Stock boost settings and the only major mod to the intake is the TMIC and an AEM filter. The car is running great, but I'm still curious and concerned. Northern Nevada has big temperature swings.

Would this TMIC cause my car to run lean? I also gold wrapped all of it, but I'm considering taking off half of the stuff.

A newer, non-plastic-endtank TMIC will always be better than the OEM unit. You can reflectagold the whole thing, but, you really just need it on the turboside, especially if it's very wide, like the GS TMIC, and sits directly over the turbo itself. Otherwise, no harm in gilding it.

All of that is what I thought and what I'm coming up with in my research. I'll be perfectly fine without a tune and A/F will be okay.

I did take half the gold wrap off. I don't have the wide hoodscoop duct; that's still stock, but everything is still running great and the intake endtank is nice and cool.

Thank you for all of your replies.

Archived