LegacyGT.com

My awesome 30 minute Legacy GT Limited test drive

[quote name='gt_ltd']Does anybody know if the GT Ltd. **auto.** is faster or slower than the Audi TT 3.2 DSG in terms of 0~60MPH time?[/quote] I have driven both. The TT 3.2 feels q little quicker off the line, but the Legacy feels better after 3000 rpm. I'd say they're are very close or the same. - Mike

good to hear that! coz my friend's getting a freaking 3.2 DSG (i'd rather pay more and get a S4 instead) and I am "only" getting a GT ltd. :D [quote name='godwhomismike'][quote name='gt_ltd']Does anybody know if the GT Ltd. **auto.** is faster or slower than the Audi TT 3.2 DSG in terms of 0~60MPH time?[/quote] I have driven both. The TT 3.2 feels q little quicker off the line, but the Legacy feels better after 3000 rpm. I'd say they're are very close or the same. - Mike[/quote]

This Space For Rent

[quote name='gt_ltd']good to hear that! coz my friend's getting a freaking 3.2 DSG (i'd rather pay more and get a S4 instead) and I am "only" getting a GT ltd. :D [/quote] I was debating between the TT 3.2 and the GT Lmt for a while - monthly payments and insurance was a big factor with me not getting the TT. The 3.2 TT has one of the best exhaust notes I've heard in a car. The Legacy GT Lmt felt as quick not sure if quicker - I wasn't trying to push it too much because the weather was awful. It was a tough decision for me, the Leg GT Lmt was such a great car on the road it made me forget about the TT. The Leg's insurance is 40% less than the TT's and the payments are also significantly less. - Mike

I just switched to Liberty Mutual from Progressive, and my policy went down about 950 bucks/year!!! and I got the 100/300/100 coverage in NY vs. Progressives 25/50/25 coverage. Progressive has good service, but their prices are just WAY too high. And I also checked on the new Leg GT. and with Towing/Rental car reimbursement, my policy would only go up 65 bucks. Not bad, considering I saved 950 overall...the 65 doesn't really make me sad. Later, i.

[quote name='gt_ltd']speaking of insurance, has anybody tried Liberty Mutual?[/quote] I'll try them today. So far I've tried Progressive and All State. All State gave me a much better quote. I won't try Gieco becuase they're a pain in the ass - great rates - nightmare customer support. I've never had to deal with them before, but their people are such a nightmare that it bends my folks (and their friends) out of shape for a few days. Everyone tells me that All State has great customer support, which for the few extra dollars might make life a lot easier if I ever have to deal with the insurance later on if god forbid anything should ever happen. - Mike

[quote name='gt_ltd']Does anybody know if the GT Ltd. **auto.** is faster or slower than the Audi TT 3.2 DSG in terms of 0~60MPH time?[/quote] Well, from the Audi website: Performance 180 hp 0-60 mph in seconds: 7.9 Top track speed: 130 mph¹ 225 hp 0-60 mph in seconds: 6.3 Top track speed: 130 mph¹ EPA fuel economy estimates (mpg) (city/highway): 20/28² 250 hp 0-60 mph in seconds: 6.4 Top track speed: 130 mph¹ EPA fuel economy estimates (mpg) (city/highway): na³ Subaru is states 5.8 for an MT BASE GT sedan and 5.9 for an MT BASE XT Wagon. There is a 115 pound weight difference in those cars. Autoweek got 6.8 out of an auto ltd OB.

[quote name='SoldonSubie'] Autoweek got 6.8 out of an auto ltd OB.[/quote] Now the question is, what's the weight difference between the auto ltd OB and the auto GT ltd sedan? Enough difference to make 0.4 sec difference? Would the size in tires, ride height, and suspension affect the 0-60 time? I know this isn't the most impotant thing, but I'm very curious. - Mike

[quote name='gt_ltd']speaking of insurance, has anybody tried Liberty Mutual?[/quote] Just got my quote with them- 12 Month Premium: $4,976.00 That's insane - that was a quote with a '04 Legacy AWD Sedan - way way way too much money. Progressive - $1380 for 6 months All State - $1280 for 6 months Liberty Mutual - $2488 for 6 months - Mike

according to my sales rep at Liberty Mutual, they don't write policies for 6 mo's...and the quote that they gave me was for the year (12 mo's) -- about $2300.00 with full glass, towing, and rental car. Plus, they give you 24-hour road side assistance, and a discount for being a college grad (they sent me something in the mail to get the discount from the UMASS Alumni association - 10% for life). Oh well, guess there are always differences in auto insurance companies. Later, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']according to my sales rep at Liberty Mutual, they don't write policies for 6 mo's...and the quote that they gave me was for the year (12 mo's) -- about $2300.00 ..... [/quote] The quote I got from them was only for 12 months, I did for 6 months on my own to draw a comparison to how much it is compared to the others. So far, All State has been the cheapest, and the easiest to get a quote from. Geico won't give me a quote online - they want me to call - which isn't going to happen. - Mike

I pay 1277 for 6 months through USAA. Of course what can make all of these numbers vary is what kind of coverage you get, $50,000/$100,000/$200,000 and so on. Also I used to pay around 1800 for my WRX, so I saved a lot in getting a LGT, and the LGT is faster no less :)

You guys must pay so much more because of where you live! Insane! I pay about $800 a year for my WRX, and I expect my new insurance to be less. I am still waiting to see what it's going to be though. Insurance is such a scam! Don't get me started.

yeah, NY/NJ/CT are fairly expensive, in terms of auto insurance. Too many damned con artists, accidents, traffic, rash-drivers, potholes, cops, people, etc. etc. etc. I used to pay Progressive 3400 a year for the WRX...and that's with the defensive driving course (for 10% disc.). Talk about ridiculous! The new leg. though will cost about 1000 less, with higher limits (i.e. 100K/300K/100K) while Progressive only gave me 25/50/25 coverage. Ah, the youth...where has the time gone. Later, i.

guess I am just a creature of where I have grown up all my life. I wouldn't know what to do, if I moved...or where to go, where to find a new job (since I just started this one about a year and a month ago, after being unemployed due to layoffs), and basically, I would miss NY. There's always something crazy happening here -- you can go out in the middle of the night, stop at Gray's papaya and eat .50 cent hot dogs with a tub of papaya juice/orange drink without any worries. -- trust me, I don't go there often anymore...hehe. But, I like what I do, and like where I live, and will be liking my new car even more than the WRX, once it comes in. The test drive, to be more on topic, was definately good...as I felt like I was shifting my car, but the leg. had no issues with making a right turn, from a full stop, such as the WRX sometimes does. I didn't feel as though I HAD to blip the throttle, to get moving...whereas in the WRX, it's commonplace for me. Anywho...Dr. Z good luck with your car...I noticed you have 3 days left....lucky bastage! Later, i

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I hate to say this.. you should move :lol: [/quote] I would... except I work in a city college, and I am considered a state worker - since my check comes from Albany. The pay is just ok, good for someone starting off fresh out of college, the benefits are excellent, and I have a good union and a great job. Almost forgot, I could continue my education for free at any of the 19 CUNY colleges here in NYC. Cons would be that even making a decent salary - where I live is so expensive that I am forced to live at home, which doesn't bother me and my folks don't care because I got my BS degree and I am working. Another negative would be taxes are high - 8.65%, and insurance is through the roof, gas is about 2.47 for 93, homes start at around $350,000 for a tiny two family, and traffic is awful. I haven't decided where I want to go, thinking of doing this for a few years, while getting my MS in either Geology or Computer Science. I'll have built up some experience, earned a MS degree, and might look at seeing if I could teach in a college, and work towards my PHD. I would love to eventually get away from NYC, and move out somewhere very quiet and green, yet where I can live more than comfortably and enjoy doing what I chose. - Mike

I understand that eveyone has ties to where they live.. I have lived here in WI all my life and to be honest, there isn't a whole lot that could drag me away. I would love to live in CO though.... :D As for the car, I do get it in three days from today. It has been a long time coming though. I think I ordered it a little over two months ago. I am not in a reall huge hurry, I like not having a car payment!

yeah, I hear the whole not having to have a car payment thing. Wish I could say that about myself...although, I have paid off many cars, then bought new one's, after paying them off...hehe. I placed an order in July (12th IIRC) and was told to expect delivery sometime in August (towards the end, near to my b'day) so maybe it will be a nice present, from ME to ME. And yeah, CO would be a nice place to be, but again, don't know of any other place I would rather be than NY. Although, I did enjoy living in the himalaya's as a kid for 4 years! I have had the oppurtunity to see mount everest, from a distance, of course...I was in 9th grade...don't think I could have made it all the way up. Best picture that only exists in my mind...man, wish I had a digi-cam back then! Later, i.

It's going to be pretty sunny tomorrow, so I might go and retest drive the Legacy again in the dry, my first test drive was in some bad down pours. I'll also take the $25 gift card form with me. I might also take the digital and get some pics of the regal blue in the sunlight. This pic is very close to how it looks on a cloudy rainy day: [img]http://www.legacysti.com/files/rr_gt_ltd.jpg[/img] (pic posted originally by Aikibob1) This will give me a good idea of how she runs and looks on a nice dry sunny day. - Mike

Hi, just got back from looking at the Legacy on a nice bright sunny day. I went to two different dealership and had two different experiences. Impressions: * Atlantic Blue – very nice color. * Regal Blue - deep blue, lots of different shades depending on the amount of light hitting it. * LGT sedan seems to ride very nice on a dry day, although my test drive was rather short. * Saw a 3.0R sedan - it blows me away how high it sits - looks higher than even the Outback wagons and maybe even the Forester. I was happy I finally got to see all the colors today. The Atlantic Blue is nice, but there is just something about the Regal Blue that I really like. I like the LGT Ltd in black and silver, but wouldn't consider those colors because a) black is a royal pain to take care of - owned a black car for 7 years, and b) silver is nice but it doesn't strike me the way RB does. I also must say I hate being reminded of my age (23), and how young I look. I wanted a figure at this one place, but they looked at like I was just a kid. I understand them being skeptic - I'm 5'4" and have a baby face, but it makes me really uncomfortable. I was very uncomfortable at the first place I went to because of this, although they did give me a test drive, which amazed me being how skeptical they were because of my age. After there, I went back to the place I went to last week, Richard Lucas Subaru. I talked to Abe, the salesperson who helped me last week and who let me take it out for a test drive. He told me that he doesn't know the figures yet for August, and he'll call me next Friday after he calculated the figures for both the finance and a lease based on the rates for August. I'm probably going to lease for three years, but still want to see all the figures first before saying for sure. If anyone is in the NY/NJ area looking for a Subaru - even if it isn't a Legacy - I recommend seeing Abe from Richard Lucas Subaru. He's been very friendly and professional towards me without the usual skeptical attitude I've received from other places because of my age. He also gave me a great quote for last weekend - $300 over invoice, but they didn't have the color or options I wanted, plus I want to hold out to mid-August. He also knows his stuff, which is impressive being that most sales people aren't up to date on the products they sell. I haven't purchased it yet, but I'll be sure to let you know how it all turned out after I sign the papers in 3 weeks. So far, he's earned my trust, and he's treated me in a very friendly and professional manner, he isn't pushing any other choices or colors on me, and he's not trying to get me to make the jump before I want to. So far very good. Well that's it for now. - Mike

mike, i have a dark blue, kind of like purple, A4, and it gets dirty very easily, and i really hate to clean it. further, im living in an apartment that there isnt any water pipe for car cleaning....i hope ur regal blue will be an exceptional :D good luck and i hope u can get ur B4 sooner or later. btw, are u getting the GT LTD or non LTD? P.S. i am considering either regel blue or black tho

[quote name='godwhomismike']Hi, just got back from looking at the Legacy on a nice bright sunny day. I went to two different dealership and had two different experiences. I like the LGT Ltd in black and silver, but wouldn't consider those colors because a) black is a royal pain to take care of - owned a black car for 7 years, and b) silver is nice but it doesn't strike me the way RB does. - Mike[/quote] I hate to break the news to you but the blue isn't going to be any easier to keep clean than the black. The blue does look nice though.

Archived