LegacyGT.com

Suspension setups for autocross! (ASP Class here)

FREDMANE

I'm curious on what spring rates / sway bar combinations you guys went with. I realize suspension setup is based on the driver's nature of controlling the car so please include how you drive!

I've been looking for coilovers / sway bar configurations for the past month; hopefully I can decide before April 23rd, the first event.

Thanks for the input!

ASP means you should be on Hoosiers, which means stiff rates and big bars.

If you are not on R-comps, there is no point in buying rates for street tires. there is alot to think about with a SP setup. so you are gonna want to take alot in to account before you make a hasty coilover purchase.

The real question is, how deep in to ASP do you want to go? ;)

Ive been farther than most, so ask away.

That's not serious at all. I assume you are in ASP because you are stage 2. if thats the case, you are better off running stock boost levels and running in STX.

But if you really want to run ASP, here is your parts list

Roll and pull your fenders hard, really hard, or cut and add flares.

18x9 +35 wheels with 255/35/18 hoosier A7 R-compounds or wider. really you want to fit 285/30/18.

MCS, AST, moton, or penske or similar 2-way coilovers with 700lb-F / 500lb-R springs. You wwont find these from some off the shelf vendor here. Shocks must be dynoed.

Whiteline KTA124 rear arms to make it all fit

25mm F+R bars

JDM 5mt helical front limited slip differential

1.5way rear clutch Diff

EL headders and TMIC and Protune.

Stage 3+ clutch

Cornerbalance and alignemnt

One you do all this, you will be halfway there for ASP. The ultimate goal would be to get the car under 3200lbs, with as wide of a r-comp as possible, with all differentials upgraded, and as much power as the stock turbo can make on good quality intermediate coil-overs.

Archived