LegacyGT.com

Need Suggestions for buying this 2008 Legacy GT

Hi,

Recently I found an owner sales of a 2008 Legacy GT Limited w/o navigation.

I want to have some suggestions form experienced Subaru vehicle owners to see it worth or not.

Car details:

Black out and In, good condition (some light body scratches)

130,000 mileage, auto transmission, clean title

$8200

2 owners (1st - 120,000/6yrs ~ 2nd - 10,000/1yr)

Turbo not replace yet, engine light on sometime,

all parts should be still Subaru original

For this mileage amount and price, good sales?

Good to buy this high mileage used Subaru turbo car?

Estimate parts and cost for repair in short future?

Anything else I should know before buy this car?

Thank you.

Engine light on sometime and they don't know why? (hint: They do, that is why they're selling it)

Run, don't walk, unless you factor an engine rebuild into the price.

Thank you.

I see Subaru owners mention their car could run more than 250k - 350k easy without spend much on repair in this forum. So it makes me think this turbo GT could last longer and value to buy as used car with high mileage.

See above.

First of all, NA (non-turbo) Subarus can run for 200k+ with no issues. High performance motors are rarely, if ever, built for longevity, and will NEVER outlast an NA of the same marque. If you're seeing people run cars for that long with little to no major repairs, you're clearly not reading this forum right. See my Shopping List for what you can expect with LGT ownership. 100k on the clock is about when shit starts getting expensive and is a terrible time to take ownership of a turbo Subaru without knowing what you're getting into.

Update: Engine misfire makes the light on. Need to replace plugs & coil.

We told you above, but hey, if the salesman told you it just needs new plugs and coils, then, by all means, listen to him instead. Let us know how that works out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
As everyone has stated: RUN!! Don't walk away, run and never look back!! If you are seriously interested in this car, and decide to not listen to us, then please, get a compression test and leak down test performed before you buy this car. It can be a very expensive mistake to buy the car without these tests done before purchase. :spin:

Archived