LegacyGT.com

Good Non-Dealer Suby Service in D/FW?

hal9e3

I'd ping AWD or Cobb but I figure it would be beneath them to do oil changes and such. My closest dealer, Hiley in F/W, hasn't been particularly impressive so far WRT communication. 3 phone calls, only 1 answered by a human, no returned calls. Bad way to start a relationship!

Cobb does my oil changes. Probably not the cheapest way to have them done but they're close to me and they have a long history with my car (that even predates my ownership of it). I usually get in there first thing Saturday morning and I'm out in an hour.

Hey, Garrett, how's it going? It's been a while. I ended up taking it to Sewell in Dallas. A lot closer than Cobb, loaner car, and I don't think they'd want to bother with all the other things going on. Ouch! With the 120K and all the repairs I'm at $3.5k and counting.

East Plano is a bit of a haul from you, no doubt. What did you have to repair? I'm approaching only half those miles and I feel like I'm doing a restoration. I couldn't find a replacement for my bent PFF-7 so I bought five OZ wheels to replace them and had to buy new tires for better fitment, that wasn't a cheap week. Last weekend getting my oil changed at Cobb they pointed out my front control arm was bent and my rear diff is leaking. Fun stuff.

That's rough, and it's why I'll never buy a wheel set again w/o buying a spare. Back in Nov I ruined one of my Enkei RS-05's, a tire off my all season BBS RK set, and had to have the wheel it was mounted on repaired from the hit it took. Fortunately I had a spare RS-05, which was in fact purchased later as my original spare was stolen from my storage unit. Not sure what they did with that - it's doubtful they found any others to go with it. I still have a spare BBS RK, which I bought from a Saab dealer and has a Saab center cap.

Archived