LegacyGT.com

Turbo Fitment Questions

So a few questions, how do the Liberty GT's run turbo's? Does the turbo interfer with the steering column? Brake booster?

Do the downpipes line up with the non-turbo mid-pipes?

How does this compare with the impreza wrx? Are the downpipes the same? Or are down pipes all separate? Meaning Legacy GT, Liberty GT, and WRX are all unique?

In particular I'm looking at the 2nd gen Legacy and 02-07 WRX. Trying to sort what is interchangeable. Lots of Lego parts, but not sure which bin to let look in.

its all interchangeable pretty much.

down pipe wont line up w mid pipe

they run twin turbo and single and no they dont interfere w anything depending on what parts u use. the twin turbo stock set up wont work on usdm cars turbo hits everything.

compare what to wrx? dp's vary. all jdm is unique compared to usdm, subaru uses a lot of the same parts on all models (they smarter then the rest)

besides body panels u can use what u want with a little wiring and cusstom fabbing.

I'm only looking at parts that would be considered USDM.

I have a 1995 Legacy Postal and I'm been piecing together information, but it is hard to find solid images and details on the Liberty GT. Google sincerely thinks I'm a nutter wants to find me things only related to the Legacy GT. So searching is a real pain in the rear and I've already spent numerous hours just reading EJ22 turbo threads.

But what I'm on about is the RHD clearances. Doesn't seem like anyone in the US has taken to buying up the old Postal Legacies and having legal RHD Turbo wagons...at least until now. :-)

I was trying to figure out if the a factory or aftermarket downpipe from the 02-07 US WRX will still clear the the steering column and the brake booster because they are on the right side. I was fairly certain the Liberty had the same motor setup, but was unclear if it had a special downpipe to make the clearances.

I'm going to go catted downpipe because I still need to pass a visual inspection and it someone responsible to not kill all the polar bears. Also, just more work to trick out the O2 sensors. Rather they work properly and second bung in the downpipe for a wideband.

In terms of the mid-pipe, the 90's Subaru's were all Lego Cars. So I has suspected that the mid-pipe still lined up with the WRX/Turbo car's downpipe & catalytic converters. There are also 02-05 Down Pipes and apparently special 06-07 "long tube" down pipes. Wasn't sure if any of these would bolt up to an existing exhaust. Seems like I'll need to have a spool piece to connect to the factory piping or get a custom mid-pipe made.

If anyone else has details, please feel free to chime in! I'm trying to gather all the parts in advance and want to minimize the time the Subaru is off the road. I have access to two spare cars, but the real issue is tieing up the garage space longer than necessary.

I have a full 02 wrx 3" turbo back on 2nd gen legacy and I had to move 2 hangers and axle back about 8-10" longer.

I run catless bellmouth stock sensors but my rear sensor I added a 90 degree angle o2 sensor bung and have no codes for rear sensor at all. And pass new York state inspection.

As for twin turbo in postal It should work, I dont see why not. Set up just like liberty. Im not too familiar w twin turbo but I have a link saved somewhere about it done in a postal, ill try n find it n post it for ya.

Archived