LegacyGT.com

front suspension popping noise

I posted this in the Suspension and Brakes forum, but thought I could get more traffic here and maybe some new ideas. Simply put I am having a suspension popping and creaking noise from the front. Occasionally the right rear makes a noise too. It's fairly constant and repeatable. It happens on bumps and even taking off from and stopping at lights. I and the shop are out of ideas of what's causing the sound and how to permanently fix it.

My suspension modification list is as follows and all are new parts. Bilstein HD Struts, Swift Springs, Whiteline LCA Polyurethane bushings both the inner and the tennis ball like pivot one, AVO solid polyurethane endlinks for front and rear, OEM Subaru Legacy Spec B upper mounts, AVO rear swaybar reinforcement brackets. All installed by a local Subaru tuning shop.

If it matters at all I also have a Rallitek skidplate and the car has 95,500 miles on it and is an 06 LGT sedan.

Any ideas are well welcomed since it's been checked and retorqued and checked again and we can't figure it out.

Anyone who has a similar setup please comment if you've had any teething issues. I can't put the stock struts on since they're pretty worn out as is. Please help.

Archived