LegacyGT.com

Cyl 4 Misfire (Intermittant) poss injector related?

so ive cleaned my iac, new plugs, wires, and injectors. I dont have a compression guage so i havent performed that test...

It comes and goes. I can pretty much unplug the battery for a few minutes, all is normal. Basically i can get it to act up when im getting on the freeway. 4500 rpm or so shifts and most times coming into 5th gear, and i get off the throttle... it starts shuddering and the CEL comes on flashing. I can pull to the side of the road and unplug #4 cyl wire. No change, and the spark jumps to the manifold. reconnect it, and unplug the injector... no change. I run a volt meter to it... and nuthin.

However, driving through town nothing happens. Its all gravy and cool. Just running revs beyond mid range (2500-4000 rpms) for any length of time she starts to give out. Any ideas?

that video is private, i cant see it. did you switch the injector for another cylinder to see if the problem follows the injector? otherwise i would start looking at the wiring at the plug and work backwards to see where it is cracked/broken.

maybe a valve is messed up and is letting in a air. a little extra air=improper burn=misfire code. maybe a valve is to dirty and wont seat right. Just a thought but not impossible. get that compression tester you can rent one for free at autozone.

Male sire the lighter grey injector wires are cyl 1-2 and darker grey on cyl 3-4

Cylinders

Firewall

3---4

1---2

Front bumper

Its not iac that almost never go bad. If its clean its good.

Try a new fuel filter, or seafoam it. Maybe even swap a dif map sensor in

Its not coil or igniter or it would be have misfires on 2 cylinders. At least thats my experience w this waste spark set up

Just went through this with a 96 ej22. Run the car, use a water misting bottle and spray down ignition ( near plugs, wires, coil). Found the coil was arcing. Car ran but had random cylinder 2 misfire. Would random stall and then through air sensor codes as well. Try the water trick if everything else fails.

Archived