LegacyGT.com

"Japan's Car of the Year"

Just wondering what that means exactly. Is that like a magazine's rating, like a Motor Trend equivalent? Or, is it a rating given by some automotive association in Japan? Would be great to see the article that touts the Legacy in Japan even if it's in Japanese. May be worth translating.

This is the article from the actual [url=http://www.subaru-global.com/lineup/legacy/index.html]Subaru Global[/url] site: [url]http://www.fhi.co.jp/english/news/press/2003/03_11_13e.htm[/url] It's in English, so don't worry :D. Hmm... now that I look at it, it doesn't say who awarded it.
-ben

Somehow the manufacturer's pick seems more impressive. I guess it is because of the competition between manufacturers, and to pick another's product as the best must really mean something.

lol Paul is flaked out after leaving his whiteass out in the sun too much today :p <i am still on a sugar hi after eating a huge amount of medicinal ice cream - to get my body temp down of course!> :wink: The journos of Japan picked it as COTY, but interestingly, the race drivers in the main gave it full marks, and that gave it the nod over the RX8 and Prius... There are 2 sets of COTY here - 2 groups of journos. Never heard of the manufacturers doing one, can you imagine the politics? :o

[quote name='SUBE555']I thought it was voted by the automotive journalist collective, but I could be wrong. Where is Paul or Anton when we need them? :)[/quote] Ehh...Sube...I am hurt...they are not the only Japan experts here on the forum. Just because I am here states side..doesn't mean I am a total tool! :) As far as I know its a independant board that makes the rankings. I have owned the Number 1 and 3 cars on that list... :)

[quote name='B4_Maniac'][quote name='SUBE555']I thought it was voted by the automotive journalist collective, but I could be wrong. Where is Paul or Anton when we need them? :)[/quote] Ehh...Sube...I am hurt...they are not the only Japan experts here on the forum. Just because I am here states side..doesn't mean I am a total tool! :) As far as I know its a independant board that makes the rankings. I have owned the Number 1 and 3 cars on that list... :)[/quote] B4_Maniac, or anyone... where can you find out what cars have made it on that list?
-ben

B4, they were the first ones I thought of concerning those matters considering they are there and they are in the media. So that was why they came to the top of my brain first. Anywho, can't wait to see C&D's next top-10 list. :)

Archived