LegacyGT.com

Invida uppipe crack.

Has anybody rewelded the lower flange on a invida uppipe? I have a crack in the flange weld causing a cel (lean). I have access to a certified welder (I run a metal fab shop) who could tig the crack closed.

Also are they mild steel or st.st. I haven't removed it yet.

It depends on where the crack is. I had the same issue but it was oriented towards the engine. If you pop it off to weld it, like I did, you run the risk of flange misalignment, again, like I did. If the crack is street side, facing down, then I think that's a better option. I pulled it three times to try and correct it before I went with a GS flex unit.

Headache over :)

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Depends on the welder's ability to control heat and such. If it's a short crack, sure, patch it. If it's halfway around the pipe, you're definitely going to get some heat distortion.

Glad this was brought up. I had the same issue and tried to belt sand the flange flat...as I mentioned in my former post, it didn't work out.

I have no idea how thick the tubing or flanges are on their uppipes... the thicker, the better, as they won't heat distort as much or at all depending on crack/weld size.

Mine was fairly beefy and it still warped. I would say it was close to the GS flange thickness but that's based on my [declining] memory :spin:

Archived