LegacyGT.com

Front bumper cover compatibiliy 97 LGT

I was hoping to get some advice on the options I have for upgrading my front bumper cover for the 97 lgt. Mine is on its last leg and needs to be replaced. Ideally I would just find another gt cover but they seem rare in this area.

I came across a thread explaining this topic but couldn't find it again, so Im just making one. There was mention of an outback bumper cover being compatible with little/no modification needed. I like the idea of keeping my fog lights plus there are a few outbacks at the salvage yard here.

Essentially my question is which legacy model's front bumper covers are compatible with a 97 LGT, requiring minimum to no modification to install? and if there are a few choices, in your opinion which would you prefer?

The 97-99 GT, 96-99 Outback, and 98-99 L have the same beam so the bumper covers are interchangeable between these trims. The 97-99 GT fog lights have a bracket that bolts to the bumper beam. The fog lights then bolt to the bracket. The 96-99 Outback fog lights just bolt straight to the beam. To swap to an Outback bumper you should just need the cover and fog lights.

The 96-99 Outback fog lights just bolt straight to the beam. To swap to an Outback bumper you should just need the cover and fog lights.

nay nay, the outback fogs bolt to a bracket that bolts to the beam as well. i just did this a year or so ago, switched from a L bumper to an outback. i had to get the beam as well tho, since the L beam doesnt have the inserts to bolt the fog brackets to. incidentally, the 95 doesnt have the right set up to use the 96+ covers as well, the cutouts and grill area dont match the newer ones.

Archived