LegacyGT.com

Small Rant, Help?

I have an 08obxt I purchased used along with an aftermarket powertrain warranty. Well the dreaded CEL comes on the other day and I take it in for a check and they state a lean code on bank 1. They want to replace the O2 sensors but while checking the car they see the front drive shaft boots have cracked causing the shafts to run dry of grease and are at potential for failure. So they write an estimate and send it off the to warranty company and its a NO go. Warranty only kicks in if there is a failure or interally lubricated parts. So I am screwed at this point. My ? is how hard is it to change these out myself? I am mechanically inclined but have never tackled anything like this. Should I change anything else or check anything else? Ideas or similar problems? Thanks for the rant and any help offered.

Not too bad if you don't have much rust. If you have a lot of rust it can turn into a nightmare for the armchair mechanic. Do not break any bolts or you could be replacing parts that aren't currently broken. PB Blaster the hell out of it either way. Like for several days beforehand.

Here ya go:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/replace-rebuild-torn-cv-boot-and-axle-108975.html

Enjoy!

Archived