LegacyGT.com

cruise control with check engine

Ok I'm sure most of us have run into a check engine light with the flashing cruise light.. my 02 wrx is not like this Though and cruise works either way. My question is, has anyone found a way around this on the newer models? Mine is a 05 lgt. Is their a wire I can cut or move or anything that will allow the cruise to work even with the engine light on? It just gets old when I'm out on the highway and the cruise quits just because of somthing stupid.

V2.. and I know how to use my ap to read codes. I'm just saying if I have to run the car with the engine light on until it's fixed.. is their a way to get the cruise to work even with a cel like the older subaru did? For example, I just did a up/down pipe aND flashed to stage 2. Now I have a code for the heater circuit on front o2 sensor. So until I replace the sensor I have no cruise. It just would be nice to not lose the cruise function every time I get a cel. It makes me appreciate the way my 02 wrx is set up

Cruise still works even if I have a cel. Or is everything on my 05 somehow controlled by the ecu and is their just no way around it?

unless u drive it for more than xx miles,and the event triggering the code does not show up again,then the ecu would store the code and your cruise control will function again, and the check engine light will stay on! or u can fix the problem and then delete it,whats the code?!

Ok. I just figured maybe someone figured a way around this by now.. I'm not sure what the exact code is at the moment. I don't have my car with me.. it's a code for the heater circuit on the front o2 sensor. I've had random codes for the abs system before that go away when the car is restarted. That's really the only reason I'm asking about the cruise.. it just gets old losing the cruise all of a sudden when I really want to use it.

Archived