LegacyGT.com

Something isn't right with AVO swaybar/endlinks

Ohoen

This is on my recently purchased '05 LGT. The PO had AVO bars and solid endlinks installed front and rear.

This is the front bar

image.thumb.jpg.ca358ccae0b507c6d6f20b0990a7e452.jpg

I didn't notice this until I had things apart to do the TOB. I put it back together anyway and of course it was binding. I took it all off and two of the bolts were actually bent. I wonder if the installer left the endlinks loose and that's why it didn't bind before. That's all I can think of, anyway. Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

I've also got a bit of a clunk in the rear when going over bumps. I was poking around a little back there today. I couldnt find anything very wrong but noticed that the endlink bushings were fairly loose. Anybody know if replacements are available? Not sure where the PO got all this stuff.

Thanks.

the suspension has to be at ride height when you torque the end link down to spec... if it isn't it wont be aligned properly.. a quick way to do this is to jack up the control arm enough so that the car just barely come off of the jack stand. also verify that the hardware is installed with the washers and nuts are on the outside of the link

Yes, I didn't do that. But I don't think it would have made any difference. With the suspension compressed the bar is in contact with the endlink. It's not like that could be caused by windup in the bushing.

I took those pics a few weeks ago but I'm pretty sure it was sitting on ramps at the time.

That's the only conclusion I can come too as well. Yes both sides were like that. I have the stock front bar in storage. My plan was to dig that out this spring and measure them both. For now I'm happy with no front bar. I think the extra roll actually helps a bit in the snow. I'm on swifts so it's pretty flat anyway.

Archived