LegacyGT.com

Up Pipe Question

Sk8erOrd

Probably a stupid question, but... Just finished installing the GS catless up pipe on my '06. What a PITA. I used a crap ton of PB Blaster all over the exhaust - so I presume that all the smoke coming from the engine bay is all that burning off? It doesn't see to be coming from any one area, doesn't smell like oil burning (not much smell at all, really), and it seems logical that it would burn off, since it is an oil type product... No CELs, car drives fine, hits boost, etc. No sounds of a boost or exhaust leak.

Just paranoid.

ETA: It's not thick white smoke, either - it's pretty thin, barely visible smoke.

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

Could be the PB blaster burning off. If the Up Pipe is new or if it is a used one that has sat for a while, you will smell the "burn-in." Just did mine with Gex a few weeks back and got that weird smell as well. Doesn't last too long.

It went away after a couple drives, though my interior still stinks a bit, lol. I figured that's what it was, but... I was very careful pulling the stock up pipe specifically because I'd read about the valve cover gasket issue. Ended up jacking up the motor a couple inches so it'd clear w/out damage.

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

Archived