LegacyGT.com

Big 3

06leg315

I recently obtained two type r 12 sub's and I'm possibly getting a jl1000/1 black series amp from a buddy.. Now that big boy will require some serious power, so rather than a cap I decided the cheaper way to get same effect would be to do the BIG 3 grounding upgrade. Anyone do this to their 4th gen?

I haven't done this to a subie, but I did it to my old 1st Gen CR-V. Stock 95a alt, 1000w amp driving two subs, and a mid-range optima yellow top. Before the big 3 and optima, it'd go into protect regularly. Before big 3 with optima, still happened but a lot less frequent. Big 3 + optima, never happened again. :D Definitely worth doing.

• 2 weeks later...
I recently obtained two type r 12 sub's and I'm possibly getting a jl1000/1 black series amp from a buddy.. Now that big boy will require some serious power, so rather than a cap I decided the cheaper way to get same effect would be to do the BIG 3 grounding upgrade. Anyone do this to their 4th gen?

I was looking to do this when it warms up outside. Will upload pics when its all done in about 3 weeks.

I plan on putting in Two 12" Type Rs and 1000W Kenwood Amp for subs and 500w for mids in a custom amp rack in the spare wheel well.

Yea I am doing mine next weekend when I get my big amp. I have them running on a 500 watt now and its just so insane even with subs neg 10 on deck. Oversummer im gunns go to just one sub and build a custom rack for the two amps and a custom single box

Archived