LegacyGT.com

Sti Seat Swap DONE

Well one is, I'll be putting in my car on saturday. It's just to friggin cold out and too dark now.

I think the major secret is making sure you have a matching year set. My car is a 05, and a couple weeks ago a mint set of 05 heated STI seats came up for sale, I scooped them up for $300 for the pair.

So I did it as per the "How to" created by a24yophxguy back in 2010. To break his whole thread down to a simple science....

1 - Have matching year seats (LGT non powered would help)

2 - The whole back rest of each seat bolts to either lower frame

3 - You pull off the LGT and STI plastics from the sides of each seat, LGT foam and seat cover from the LGT frame and do the same with the STI seat.

If you now look at the seat chassis, they are almost identical except for the metal bolster arms which you cut off the STI chassis and do a quick weld onto the LGT base at the same spot.

4 - Make sure your seat heater wiring is good on the STI seat/cover and place it on the LGT frame, hook on all the plastic tabs all the way around.

5 - Bolt up the rear back rest of the STI seat on the LGT lower frame

6 - Tuck up all wiring connections and because they are the same model year, all the connectors will plug straight into your LGT!

Pic of the first seat done, I'll get to the passenger side soon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/hectarcious/seat_zpspb4tzcju.jpg

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Honestly I'd be afraid to even try that for fear of ruining the STI seats (plus I don't know how to weld).

My current seats are completely manual/unpowered everything. I assume that would make the swap easier, no? The only reason I'm even considering a swap of some kind is that the seams are splitting on my driver's side seat.

It's time consuming, but in all honesty not really hard at all. If you actually ruin the seats.... well you have never picked up a wrench before.

Mine are also manual seats, I couldn't tell you if powered would be any harder, I would think the side of the seat skin wouldn't fit because of the different controls though.

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Archived