LegacyGT.com

can't remove window auctionator from door

rayeve

Hi. My wife has a 2005 Legacy L wagon. Recently, her front door quit opening using the key fob. I checked the electrics and all seemed well there. So I decided it must be the window lock auctionator. I see a lot of Internet discussions about those going bad. I successfuly have got the door panel removed from the inside of the front door. And I even thought I was about to remove the latch/auctionator unit (they are fastened together somehow). HOWEVER, I can't get that latter assemly out of the door! I have everything loose from the autionator assemly except the locking rod, and I have partly loosened the twindow track. But for the life of me I can't see how to get the lock rod loose, and maybe I'm also doing one or more other things wrong. (For example, should I be trying to separate the auctionator from the the latch mechanism while it's still in the door? But I can see no way to do that until I've got the whole assembly out of the door. So I'm totally stuck. Can anyone help me with this last step. How the heck do I get the auctionator mechanism out of the door all the way???

Unbolt the rear window track all the way (one closest to door handle) then undo the lock bar off the outside handle and take the whole actuator assy and slide it down along the curvature of the door.you will have to push the window track to the rightto get it out it will squeeze underneath. Then you can finance it out the hole pulling it back towards you. It will basically be laying on the bottom of the door when you go to actually take it out. Slide new one in in reverse order

Archived