LegacyGT.com

WTB exhaust questions

I'm looking to get a catted DP and catback. Would like to get some thoughts on which brand/s to go with? I have a chance to get a new CNT racing high flow catted DP $340 shipped, good/bad?? If I go through with it, which catbacks line up good with it? I guess, what I asking is: What are the best set ups out there for are Legacy GT's? Don't want to throw codes and would like to pass the emissions test. Any thoughts/help is much appreciated! Miss the RUMBLE :icon_cry:

Thanks!

I just put the CNT catless downpipe on my car, and fitment was a pain in the ass honestly. I would go with Invidia or cobb for downpipe choices. They are worth it for quality and fitment In my opinion. Unless you dont mind cussing and yelling at the downpipe and having it take twice as long to install, then the CNT will work. Up to you really lol

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

You'll need a resistor/tune out the EGT sensor in the UP when you go catless, otherwise, there will be a CEL. There's no point in catless DP -- doesn't get you any gains in power, it's just stinky.

You SURE you want all that noise? Again, there's no gains for a catback, it's just excess noise. This can be somewhat ameliorated with the Vibrant resonator (highly recommend), however, I'd seriously consider staying stock. .

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but quick question does anybody know if you put a catless DP as well as a catless UP if you get a CEL?

if you are putting on a downpipe, catted or catless, you will need a tune which will disable the CEL. like tris said a 2.2k ohm resistor in the EGT plug will take car of that possible CEL

Archived