LegacyGT.com

Temporary blow-outs.

Zombaru

My 09 Legacy has an issue when its cold. Last night it hit -27C. This time and the last time it did that my passenger low beam goes out. However once i park in the garage and turn the heater on so its not finger numbing cold the light comes back on. Now i can hold a hair dryer to my headlight every frigid morning or maybe you guys might have an idea as to whats going on here.

I checked the dust caps to see if maybe they were loose. i checked the connections for corrosion or burning. The bulb is new and still intact/no discoloration. I also checked my voltage and got 13.6V

I leave my lights in the ON position if that has anything to do with it.

They're the osram 65+

I had a similar issue that really bugged me for awhile, I was completely stumped.

I ended up fixing the problem by opening up the protective plastic cover on the headlight connector that attaches to the bulb, and using pliers to crimp down the curled pieces metal a little bit more. The headlight bulb fit much more snug after that, and I haven't had any issues since then. Added the random picture to visualize what I mean by curled pieces of metal.

connector.jpg.8b71c081e190b0bcae8e0bac6b233724.jpg

Alright. I closed the curled prices and now the light has lit but at a power low enough to stare into. The hi beams are also lit At the very dim level. This is all in the on position. All lights are on. Including fogs and high's. Temperature is doing nothing this time. I think the relay is shot.

Alright. I closed the curled prices and now the light has lit but at a power low enough to stare into. The hi beams are also lit At the very dim level. This is all in the on position. All lights are on. Including fogs and high's. Temperature is doing nothing this time. I think the relay is shot.

That or a wire has shorted out somewhere.

After replacing the relays the lights worked perfectly fine. it was the curled peices that connect to the bulb that apexi suggested. I should of guessed from the passenger bulb not being held on as strong.

Thanks!

Archived