LegacyGT.com

fuel leak at fuel pump connection

I tracked down a fuel smell to the connector for the jet pump line at the fuel pump. I have too much gas in the tank to work on the connector right now. In the mean time I was wondering if anyone has replaced the o-ring in these connectors?

I had a leak that I found, after replacing the gasket, was the plastic mount around the pump assembly that you pull out to replace the gasket. It was the area under the passenger side seat. The mount was cracked just under the raised area that the assembly sits on. Crack was hard to see unless you cleaned the area really good. I didnt have to remove any gasoline but I used and bit of silicon smeared and pushed into the crack. Been over a year and no smell.

If yours is just a gasket, sweet. If not, otherwise replacing a gas tank is really expensive or time consuming. Sometimes both.

I had a leak that I found, after replacing the gasket, was the plastic mount around the pump assembly that you pull out to replace the gasket. It was the area under the passenger side seat. The mount was cracked just under the raised area that the assembly sits on. Crack was hard to see unless you cleaned the area really good. I didnt have to remove any gasoline but I used and bit of silicon smeared and pushed into the crack. Been over a year and no smell.

If yours is just a gasket, sweet. If not, otherwise replacing a gas tank is really expensive or time consuming. Sometimes both.

I was thinking that the leak was at the connector for the line, not the gasket under the pump. I'll look closer for a crack, thanks for the heads up.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived