LegacyGT.com

Question about audio work

jzaczyk

Hey, I've got an '06 LGT and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on replacing my head unit. I'm wondering if anyone knows a shop in the NYC or Long Island area that they'd recommend to do this as I'm not totally confident I'd be able to do it myself without breaking anything. Thanks!

Hey, I've got an '06 LGT and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on replacing my head unit. I'm wondering if anyone knows a shop in the NYC or Long Island area that they'd recommend to do this as I'm not totally confident I'd be able to do it myself without breaking anything. Thanks!

You will need the JDM HVAC Controls.

Depending on what you are looking to do (standard replacement?) or some crazy system, we may be able to help you out.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Nothing crazy. Was thinking about one the Pioneer NEX-8000 because the price just dropped on it

AZP is right. You need a jdm hvac kit. It's not as simple as you think if you don't get that stuff first.

Did you do a search for replacing the stock stereo in the forum? The radio and hvac are built as one unit. Just a heads up its not gonna be cheap. What r u looking to get out of replacing the radio?

I bought an fm transmitter it's not perfect but I can answer my calls and listen music both vía Bluetooth (if sprint ever gets their crap together). Has static but tolerable.

Geartist GB01 Bluetooth 4.0 Hands Free Car Kit with LCD Screen... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MEM0Q8S/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_3zq1ub1M11B7Q

I've been happy with that so far ... just my thoughts.

I've got the HVAC kid coming from avojdm, just ordered my head unit, and reached out to SVX DC about the necessary harnesses. Should hopefully have everything in a few weeks. Was looking for a touchscreen interface preferably with Carplay, and when I saw the Pioneer NEX-8000 on sale pretty cheap I jumped on it

Archived