LegacyGT.com

97 legacy lsi 2.5n/a lag on acceleration & engine noise

So when taking off i experience a lag between 1k to 2.5k rpm (varying +/- 500rpm) and after that it picks up like nothing has happened at all. I bought this car from an owner who meticulously took care of it always had it in the shop to get every little thing fixed. it has been doing this since i purchased it.

168k miles Recently changed all fluids, engine oil flush, new plugs (wire replace a month before i purchased the car,) No oil on plug wires, leaks no oil, burns no oil, air filter clean, starts in 3 cranks, Timing belt done in last 15k miles, Tranny shifts well. so i dont know what could be causing it and that's why I am asking you guys!

Any ideas help/ will try. idk if it is a mechanical problem, ecu, electronics etc. this is my first Subaru so asking lots of questions!

Also the car seems overly loud at idle (did this before engine oil flush) its not a knock but just kind of annoying kind of loud especially when cold. is this just normal Subaru noises because i know they arnt known for being the quietest cars.

and to boot when ignition is turned on but car is not running there is an electrical sounding hiss coming from the passengers side inside the engine bay. any ideas?

Thank you guy/gals for all responses! :)

Archived