LegacyGT.com

Defrost air flow

I seem to be having a similar issue with my 06 with dual climate control. With the heat only supposed to be coming on the floor, it seems really noisy, and air is coming out the defrost and side ducts, with only limited amount out of the floor.

I'm just logging in now to see if there's any topics relating to that issue. Hope I find something :)

I seem to be having a similar issue with my 06 with dual climate control. With the heat only supposed to be coming on the floor, it seems really noisy, and air is coming out the defrost and side ducts, with only limited amount out of the floor.

I'm just logging in now to see if there's any topics relating to that issue. Hope I find something :)

If you read the owners manual, you will see that by design the air is supposed to come out the side ducts when you have floor only selected.

Yeah, I've seen that, and it always has been like that, I've had the car since new. This is different though, there's almost no air coming from the floor ducts. Actually, after I posted this, I checked further. There is no difference between (floor and defrost) and (floor alone) settings on the controls. There is a problem somewhere.

This is my first winter in a particularily cold area, and I'm finding out where my car's weak areas are. :)

Sounds like you have a problem with the selector. I haven't messed with them on these cars but I've had two cars that had this issue and most of the dash had to be taken apart since a tiny clip broke on the end of the selector rod; a New Yorker with "auto" controls and one a Corsica with manual.

I'd check the Vacation pics, you might be able to weasel in these from removing the whole double-din unit like if you were going to swap head units? I'm only guessing though as I have the manual controls (which all Legacys should have IMO) and there's tons of room in the dash with the HU out.

Archived