LegacyGT.com

Check Engine light on

My check engine goes on and off about 2-3 days it goes off for about 2 months now. last week I took it to the shop and got all the plugs changed to NGK Iridium. It just happend again and codes are reading misfire in all 4 cylinders. there was no oil on the plugs when we changed them so the seals are good. the mechanic told me the plugs were fine but I had him put the new ones in anyway. any ideas? valves, ignition?

^ This. Check for vacuum leaks. If vacuum hoses are hard, replace. I just bought the four hoses that connect to the valve covers (two each side). The old ones were rock hard and two were split on the ends. Subaru sent me the wrong hose for the Passenger Side larger of the two hoses. I put the old hard as a rock hose back on after taping it up, which was split on the VC end of the hose. After doing so and starting the car I'm getting misfire CELs on #1 & #3 cylinder. Subaru tech told me this is very common cause of misfire and the car running lean. I pick up the correct hose this afternoon, hopefully this will end my re-build.

Archived