LegacyGT.com

Joining the high mileage club

hi guys, i have a 2008 NA legacy, and im fast approaching 100,000 miles. the car was purchased recently, it is my first subaru and first car. the car has had all of subarus recommended maintenance done, except for the 105k timing belt, water pump, driving pulleys, and thermostat. all fluids are changed regularly, along with plugs and filters.

so my question is, what other parts should i attend to at this mileage to ensure my subie lives a long and comfortable life? im really looking to run this car for a few 100k, as subarus are notorious for. struts, shocks, oil pickup, head gasket? anything and everything you guys think of. thanks in advance!

I also have an 08 2.5i with almost 100k. When I bought it I thought "damn, these brakes are awful" only to later realize that I had a stuck caliper piston and 4 out of 8 siezed caliper slide pins. My experience very well may not be typical, I don't know, but it is pretty excessive.

I would do drive belts and spark plugs when I did timing belt kit but I'm doing it myself so if yours have been done it might not make sense to do it again, for me it's a "while I'm in there" thing.

Archived