LegacyGT.com

Opinion on hood modification

Lindsay

I am in the process of having a new hood made for my 05 XT and wondered what the collective minds think. I have a spare OBXT hood and an 06 WRX hood and a tall scoop and STI splitter. My plan is to have my body shop "re-skin" the hood with the WRX one. Any thoughts positive or negative?

Your gt/xt hood is aluminum, the others are steel, or, at least, quite a bit heavier.

I take it you're doing this to get a bigger scoop?

My thoughts? Don't do it. Big waste of both time, money, and a perfectly good hood. And the bigger scoop looks awful on these cars.

prolly best to have them use just the section of the hood needed to accept the diff scoop, ie cut out the middle, insert middle of other hood from the bottom and then fill/build from there, then the wrx scoop will slide right in,you may need to make a hybrid splitter wolnt know till everything else is in....

hardest part is that the obxt hood is aluminum, if the wrx hood isn't you will need to use adhesive and bondo vs welding it in...

ps. i am the guy w the wrx scoop lol

That's the JDM hood for that generation, which is why it looks so much like the fourth gens. Not a reskin.

ummm i was jobless for a long time so it was on hold for about 5 months, but after i got the 2 hoods, welding done, body work, and paint... messuring before i cut anything took about 3 full days, about 2 weeks after work at nights and couple half days on the weekends.

Do u even read bro

Almost done making my STI/legacy splitter. Decided to go the easier route and mount the splitter using the stock lower part of the legacy splitter and mounting the tall sti splitter on top. Much easier and will look stock under the hood.

Archived