LegacyGT.com

2007 vs. 2008 OBXT

Hi there, Legacy forums! I'm a new member who has been in search of an Outback for a number of months now. Lately I've been searching for an '08 Outback 2.5XT with 5MT, however, I'm finding that I like the '07s just as much. I've compared the Cars101 pages and haven't found any features that have made me lean towards either specific one, so I'm turning to you all here. So, what are some issues or benefits that I should consider when deciding between the two?

Most of it will be cosmetic. Different bumper/hood/grill in the front. Different headlight, side mirrors, and tail lights. Cosmetics can mean a lot though. You should see which you prefer if you actually find options to buy either.

One of the biggest things I think is the telescoping steering wheel can be big depending on how you fit the seating arrangement.

The real differences are mostly cosmetic.

07 saw the removal of the catted UP, addition of the air injection pump (which is not a benefit for those in moist or cold climates as the pump and its piping/valving rust and corrode) and the addition of the more reliable VF46 turbo and the SI drive throttle management system.

08 was essentially the same, but added telescoping steering column, steering-mounted radio controls and SI control buttons, and pre-wired for Sirius or XM satellite radio. The 08 also got the upgraded 5EAT transmission as well, which is a plus. Not sure if it also got steering-mounted paddle shifters, and the automatic throttle "blip" on downshift feature, but the 2008 LGT got it.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Maybe with an LGT but with an 08-09 OBXT there aren't options....if there are any, I'd love to see them.

You basically need to customize. :( Paint the chrome bezel around it and getting mesh/pattern into the middle. Just for anyone who happens on this thread, here are some other discussions that happened. That thread linked out to several others.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/usdm-2008-outback-after-market-grilli-72563.html?t=72563

Archived