LegacyGT.com

Rear Crossmember Bushings

So poking around the car and found more things to fix. Looks like my rear crossmember has split lower bushings where it bolts to the body.

Did a bit of searching and couldn't find much (rear crossmember bushings get all sorts of results). Went for the online service book, looks like these are called floating bushings and stoppers. As they help hold the crossmember to the chassis, I bet they are a bit important.

Any ever replace these? Assuming the rear crossmember must be completely dropped at once, but still in car. Anyone think I should be concerned about rear alignment?

I am looking for bushings tips too. Put a topic here a few days ago with no success but I have read something about these bushings you refer to so I will throw my 2 cents.

Since you are taking the crossmember off, also replace the differential bushings, they are like 12 bucks each and are much easier to replace if the crossmember is off the car.

I am looking to replace every bushing but it is being impossible to find a whole kit for our cars. I wanted to find out how compatible our suspension is (in terms of bushing sizes) to the impreza one. It is really easy to find complete kits for the impreza.

• 1 month later...

Just going back over threads.

I did not order any bushings, so I can't provide feedback on prices, how they worked, etc.

I've recently picked up some parts which will be go-fast bits (LSD rear). I'm not going to swap out the existing bushes. I'll have a newer rear cross member to install. Any bad bushings in that will be replaced as I get closer to the install/upgrade.

Archived