LegacyGT.com

New Member with an 08 obxt

First let me say hello and thanks for the forum. I have found a ton of info just by lurking around. I purchased the car used obviously with 81000 on clock. The secondary air valve went bad and was replaced by the dealer just after I bought it. Other than that happening it is a really nice/clean car.

My plans for the car are to lower it on lgt struts and springs, lgt exhaust with turndowns on the mufflers, uppipe and downpipe unsure at this point, wheels and a tune. Maybe an upgraded turbo at some point

Anything I may need to know or watch for? Any info is appreciated and I thank you for in advance.

You have a couple big services coming up the 90k, 105k, and the 120k. If you pay someone to do all that work you are looking at at least $2000. There is a lot of information on this board on how to do them yourself. If you are mechanically inclined you can save a lot of money that way.

The legacy gt engine and the OBXT engine is basically the same (Outback engine sit's lower in the engine compartment) so any parts that work for the Legacy work for the Outback (usually).

But mostly, just stay on top of maintenance items and be aware this isn't a cheap car to own. It's a lot of fun, but requires a decent amount of maintenance.

Archived