LegacyGT.com

Looking for a place to get parts for my Legacy.

I recently put a post on here about having a 2003 Legacy that's a fourth generation. I guess It's because it's a JDM car (I don't really know much about them). However, I've been looking at getting some aftermarket parts for it, and not really sure where to start. Any suggestions would be great!

2003 seems a bit early for 4th gen (they are normally 05-09), but I'm not familiar with the JDM variant.

If you are not really familiar with the car yet (I'm guessing you just bought it?), I would suggest doing some reading here and getting to know the common flaws in stock form and address those first. They you will have a solid base car to start modding.

As far as aftermarket parts, check out the vendor forums and order from those folks, since they support us with their knowledge/expertise. I can personally vouch for FredBeanParts, Infamous Performance, Underdog (user on here), and AZP Installs. I've ordered parts from all of them, and they have been great every time.

2003 seems a bit early for 4th gen (they are normally 05-09), but I'm not familiar with the JDM variant.

If you are not really familiar with the car yet (I'm guessing you just bought it?), I would suggest doing some reading here and getting to know the common flaws in stock form and address those first. They you will have a solid base car to start modding.

As far as aftermarket parts, check out the vendor forums and order from those folks, since they support us with their knowledge/expertise. I can personally vouch for FredBeanParts, Infamous Performance, Underdog (user on here), and AZP Installs. I've ordered parts from all of them, and they have been great every time.

You'll need to ask alot of those guys about the parts that you're looking to buy, especially if your car is RHD, which, I'm guessing it is.

Everything from your engine to your tune may be JDM specific, which will make it hard to source and install parts and get service from the US.

TheWeaver you are going to be in a constant state of learning for a long time with a rare JDM in the US car. Hope you are up for the road you have to travel and can take your coming mistakes with a grin. Some guys thrive on the challenge of a JDM car. Personally I would never do it, it's hard enough keeping up with the nuances of US cars.

Can you post up pics, I'd like to see it!

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Archived