LegacyGT.com

What is wrong with my car

Hey guys I have a 2.2 manual 99 L and its down for the count

When I go to start my car in the morning and its freezing out, the fuel pump relay ticks rapidly when the key is in the on position. It will turn over, but not start until it stops ticking. The idle jumps between 1-2k, when its running, and if its not warm enough rpms spike sporadically.

It will start right up in warm weather without any ticking. Got worse recently, code says misfiring on all 4 cylinders. replaced the relay and the problem persisted. Going down the road when I brake hard the engine cuts out.

The problem was there when I bought the car last January, but went away as soon as it warmed up a little here in Maine. It only recently this winter got worse.

Replaced the relay and the problem persisted. I'm pretty sure it's a lack of power from the ECU. Wondering if a new ECU would be necessary.

I'd start checking ground connections. usualy when a relay does that (If its not the relay) its one of the trigger wires. so not the 12volt feed to the relay for power, but the 12volt trigger or the ground on the other side of it. if its a relay that is labeled you can voltage check pins 85 and 86 when the issue is present. that should pin point it.

Archived