LegacyGT.com

Headlight does not work:(

Hi,

I just get a 05 legacy GT with 137k miles on it 4 months ago and really enjoy it. Yesterday I realized my headlight low beam is not working but the high beam do. I check the 2 relays in the car and 2 fuse in the engine component and they look fine. So now I'm guessing it's the light bulbs, doubting two of them would burn out at the same time. I opened my hood and think the previous owner had put a HID in it. Something like http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/plug-and-play-hid-install-walkthrough-69506.html.

Does anyone know how I could take the bulb out to check and replace it. I see bulb with a wire but not sure how to take that out. Any idea or suggestion? Any suggest HID bulb? Thanks.

If there are HID bulbs in there, there's are a few things you can test.

Usually when kits die out it's either the bulb or ballast. But is there a HID harness hooked up or are the ballasts connected straight to the OEM harness?

If there is harness, check the harness fuse and check the connections.

If not, try swapping the ballasts between sides (just unplug them and swap them over and plug them back in on the opposite sides of the car). If nothing, I would recommend getting some halogen H7 bulbs and revert to stock for now, as you most likely have two dead ballasts (happens sometimes, especially with cheap kits). This way you're not rushing to get a new kit.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help you.

Archived