LegacyGT.com

Help with wheel/tire fitment

ilya124

I can't seem to get a concrete answer on whether or not my chosen setup will work on my 05 LGT. For starters, the car is lowered on Tein S techs with stock struts, and all 4 fenders are already rolled.

I wanted to get 18x8.5 et45 wheels but have a question on tire fitment. I would like 245/40/18, but am worried that the tires will rub. Or I can do 235/40/18.

Another thing tomorrow is that I will eventually be replacing the springs with coilovers, which would free up some space. Anybody run a similar setup on their car?

I have 18x8.5 +38 wheels with 225/40/18 tires and all 4 fenders rolled and it fits well. +45 offset might be too high and cause the tire to rub on the strut (if not, it'll be pretty close I think).

I'll be adjusting the height of my coilovers later this week, hopefully I can remember to get some measurements to see how far my wheels/tires sits from the struts.

did you do any research at all?

plenty of people had ran 245s on 8.5 with high 40s offset

since your fender is rolled, and assuming you don't have positive camber they should fit easily

however, you need to look at again on the sidewall size, should be 35 series not 40

did you do any research at all?

plenty of people had ran 245s on 8.5 with high 40s offset

since your fender is rolled, and assuming you don't have positive camber they should fit easily

however, you need to look at again on the sidewall size, should be 35 series not 40

A lot of people were running that size with 17's, I did not see much about 18 inch wheels, wanted to make sure before I spent a lot of money on wheels/tires.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't seem to get a concrete answer on whether or not my chosen setup will work on my 05 LGT. For starters, the car is lowered on Tein S techs with stock struts, and all 4 fenders are already rolled.

I wanted to get 18x8.5 et45 wheels but have a question on tire fitment. I would like 245/40/18, but am worried that the tires will rub. Or I can do 235/40/18.

Another thing tomorrow is that I will eventually be replacing the springs with coilovers, which would free up some space. Anybody run a similar setup on their car?

Ya bud you should be fine. Assuming you have a good roll, not just a half ass roll. Then you're good with a 245. Or 235

Archived