LegacyGT.com

Brembo BBK swap, need special rotors?

TakmaN

My rotors are warped and will be replacing all 4 and pads. I bought my 2008 LGT with Brembo's from what I believe is an STI swapped on. Can I replace the current rotors with Centric Premiums for a stock 2008 LGT brake setup? Or is there a special rotor I'll need for the BBK?

Hope it's not too much of a noob question as this will be my first full rotor and brake pad replacement.

Hi there. So first of all the fronts... You will need 04 STI Rotors. The STI rotors are larger then the LGT rotors and also 5x100 bolt pattern. Do you have the rears swapped as well?

If so it all depends on how your car was set up to adjust for the smaller LGT parking brake shoe. If you have the larger STI ebrake shoes (160mm for LGT 190mm for STI) then you should be fine to use 04 STI Rotors. If you have DBA Conversion rotors which use a LGT brake shoe surface and do no replace the shoes, then you need to either buy the modified shoes or a replacement sent of rotors.

Measure the inner diameter of your current rotors. If they are 160 then you have DBA Conversions if 190 then you have the modified ebrake shoes...

Sounds simple enough, appreciate the help. I'll be switching out wheels so can do this at the same time. Brakes is one area I'm clueless about as I've never had a car long enough to change them.

You also need to make sure that your new set of wheels have clearance for the Brembos.

Yup, already test fit them and all is clear! The wheels are wider with quite a bit lower offset. There is actually quite a bit clearance, more than I was expecting.

So I just measured the inner diameter of my rotors and they're 8 inches or about 200mm. I'm assuming I have the 190mm e-brake shoes from the STI?

Correct. I need e-brake shoes for my swap too.

Now does anyone know where the least expensive place to buy rear e-brake shoes would be? Cheapest I found was $200 + shipping.

Seriously?? So what you're telling me is that 200mm inner diameter rotors correspond to 190mm e-brake shoes and 190mm rotors correspond to 170mm e-brake shoes?

Sorry I was not awake when I posted that. It seems like I can't just measure the inner hub to find out what size e-brake shoes I have since that part is the same diameter (202mm) for both the rear rotors for the 190mm and 170mm e-brake shoes.

Anyone know a way to check what size e-brake shoes I have without taking off the rotor?

http://jamalb.net/pictures/brakespecs/dba_655_cat.jpg

http://jamalb.net/pictures/brakespecs/dba_2657_cat_a.jpg

Archived