LegacyGT.com

What's a fair price? 05 OBXT with new Motor

Hi All. I finished up a motor build a couple months ago on an XT that I bought with a blown motor. I really enjoyed the build and love the car, but recent developments may force me to find a dd with better mileage, since I may be traveling significantly more than I do right now.

The car has 178k on it, the motor has about 4k so far. I purchased a new block from subaru, had the heads rebuilt, and the motor tuned after it was broken in. It runs amazing. As part of the build I put in a VF52, APR studs, killer b pickup, new oil cooler/pump/pan, and new clutch/flywheel. All of the maintenance items were done as well. I also put in brand new suspension and LGT brakes.

Exterior is in very good shape considering the year. The paint looks like it has 80k on it, not 180k. The interior is near perfect save for some nicks/scratches on a couple door panels and the cargo area.

The only issues I know of is a vibration in the driveline under boost which I believe to be an axle, and the sunroof which doesn't open but I think is fixable.

I hate to think of selling at this point, but averaging 22 mpg isn't going to cut it if my commute is going to rise drastically. If I were to sell, what do you think a fair price would be?

not really answering your question, but...

22 mpg? If mostly highway, that's pretty low. I have a stage 2.5 obxt and on 90% highway, I usually average around 25+ mpg (speed average between 50-65mph). Maybe you like the boost too much :)

Are you sure the vibration you are referring to is not due to a stiff u-joint on the drive shaft? May want to check that out.

not really answering your question, but...

22 mpg? If mostly highway, that's pretty low. I have a stage 2.5 obxt and on 90% highway, I usually average around 25+ mpg (speed average between 50-65mph). Maybe you like the boost too much :)

Are you sure the vibration you are referring to is not due to a stiff u-joint on the drive shaft? May want to check that out.

I actually just put in a brand new driveshaft. The old ujoints were very stiff/notchy and the new shaft helped, but still have a pretty moderate vibration under heavy load.

On the highway I'll get around 25 also. Most of my commute now is a 50/50 mix between side streets and highway and I get around 22. If I were to make a move it would be to a car that I can average 35 on the highway, either a civic or a jetta

Archived