LegacyGT.com

Consumer Reports Likes Subaru

I know you folks don't like Consumer Reports, but the 10/05 issue ranks Subaru at #4 in average problem rates for 2000 to 2002 models. Honda and Toyota are best with about 20 problems, and Subaru looks to be less than 30. Mercedes is at 70, and BMW is the bottom of the barrel at 80!

I wouldn't even hesitate to buy a new subaru model, like the Becky. Reliability issues have quelched a decade long desire for an A4, a current thrill for a Jetta/GLI, and 20 years of BMW ownership.

On top of the quantitative analysis, Consumer Reports has some nice things to say in general about Subaru. "Vehicles with great steering characteristics include the Cadillac CTS, Ford Focus, Mazda RX-8, Mercedes E-Class, Mini Cooper, Porche Boxster, and Subaru Legacy and Impreza." "Vehicles that have optimized ride and handling include most Mercedes-Benz cars and Subaru models."

Hi y'all, nice board.

I know you folks don't like Consumer Reports, but the 10/05 issue ranks Subaru at #4 in average problem rates for 2000 to 2002 models. Honda and Toyota are best with about 20 problems, and Subaru looks to be less than 30. Mercedes is at 70, and BMW is the bottom of the barrel at 80!

I wouldn't even hesitate to buy a new subaru model, like the Becky. Reliability issues have quelched a decade long desire for an A4, a current thrill for a Jetta/GLI, and 20 years of BMW ownership.

On top of the quantitative analysis, Consumer Reports has some nice things to say in general about Subaru. "Vehicles with great steering characteristics include the Cadillac CTS, Ford Focus, Mazda RX-8, Mercedes E-Class, Mini Cooper, Porche Boxster, and Subaru Legacy and Impreza." "Vehicles that have optimized ride and handling include most Mercedes-Benz cars and Subaru models."

Hi y'all, nice board.

I know there can be some subjective differences between readers and Consumer Reports and even some difference opinions. However, I think you can pick up on significant generalities about a maker or particular car from their testing and surveys. All in all, they have pretty good things to say about Subaru.

I know recently there has been some negative comments about the latest CR reports of actual gas mileage and the EPA ratings. They listed the Subaru Legacy GT as the worst in the mid-size sedan range, I believe at 18 MPG. Take that into perspective. You are talking about one of the quickest and most reliable cars in it's class. You sacrifice a little mileage, but hey, you got 250 HP and AWD to boot! Come on! I can live with that.

I know there can be some subjective differences between readers and Consumer Reports and even some difference opinions. However, I think you can pick up on significant generalities about a maker or particular car from their testing and surveys. All in all, they have pretty good things to say about Subaru.

I know recently there has been some negative comments about the latest CR reports of actual gas mileage and the EPA ratings. They listed the Subaru Legacy GT as the worst in the mid-size sedan range, I believe at 18 MPG. Take that into perspective. You are talking about one of the quickest and most reliable cars in it's class. You sacrifice a little mileage, but hey, you got 250 HP and AWD to boot! Come on! I can live with that.

goes to show hard they drove the car so they must have been enjoying themselves. I've saw that article and couldnt believe what they go, I have never come close to even going below 20mpg.

but yeah, i dont think thier has ever really been any question of subaru's reliability, which is great for us :)

Archived