LegacyGT.com

Vordoven Wheels

Unsp0kn

Anyone have any experience with Vordoven wheels? I was just browsing through different styles and ran across their Forme9, which are a Work Emotion replica. They look really nice and are really growing on me the more I look at them.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQwWDY0MA==/z/3xoAAOSwiCRUjmJ1/$_12.JPG

Just want to make sure they aren't some junk replicas that have weak points or anything that would put myself or my family in danger. I probably will only have about $7-800 for a wheel budget, so real Works are out of the question.

Looks like the only size in 5x100 is 18x9.5 +34, which is a pretty aggressive width/offset combination for our cars. You can do that size but you'll need a pretty good amount of fender rolling/pulling if you want to run anything wider than 245/40 tires and lower the car at all.

I have 18x9+40 with 255/35 tires and the fronts needed a pull and -1.5 camber and the rears a minor roll/trim. I am lowered 1.25" from stock on H&R sport springs.

Use this calculator to see what will fit and be close to stock diameter.

www.willtheyfit.com

I saw that after I posted about them. 9.5" is definitely too wide for me as I don't want to roll or pull if I don't have to. They seem like a fresh company, hopefully they will make some 8 and 8.5 options.

Problem with a fresh company is that there is no history there with regard to quality. They are clearly making reproduction (rep) wheels and rep wheel companies are usually just trying to cash in by providing cheap, under-engineered product that looks identical to the real stuff. Rota, Avid1, STR....all reps. The Forme1 is clearly a knock off of the Konig Feather (which I have on my 1st Gen Turbo Legacy) and the Forme9 is the Work Kiwami knockoff. And it's not just that they are similar design, they are virtually identical. Unlike my Konig Torchs on my 5th Gen GT, which are similar to Rays 57 Extreme, but not identical.

Take a look at Konig. Personally I really like their stuff (have a set on both cars). They are inexpensive, good quality and Konig has been around forever. And as far as wheel weight goes, not bad at all with that either. The Integram and Oversteer are their 2 newest designs and they are available in multiple sizes for 5x100.

Thanks GTeaser, I'll definitely explore options. I want a style similar to this for sure, I also looked at the Enkei PF01 as they are pretty close as well. I like the split-5 on these cars. :) The Konig Deceptions look pretty close too!

Keep in mind, that if you want a little bit of concave look, if that's what you're shooting for, the width and offset affect that concaveness on some wheel designs. That's why I went with a 9" wheel on the GT, the 8" wheel, even with a lower offset, didn't have the same face, it was much flatter.

^^Are you looking at Konig's stock pics, or pics of that exact size on a car, because the pics posted on websites are usually of the wider wheels with a nice concave from the offset and not pics of that actual size. You need to search Google images and click on the pictures to get to the original source of the photo. Many times they will list the size.

http://www.daflame.ca/images/m3q/annonce-mags-konig-deception/1.JPG

18x8 et40

They aren't quite as I thought, but close. I do want to have some depth to them, but nothing too wide. I don't think I'll lower my car now that I have it and see it in person. I need the clearance in the winter and it doesn't look to bad as is, at least to me. I'm not planning on wheels til next year sometime, so I have plenty of time to change my mind every 10 minutes!

Well yeah the spokes meet the rim flat, which is ok with me. I guess I meant the center hub, I'd like that to be sucked in like those. Maybe a little more offset would help? I just want a more flush/wide stance than stock offset and width.

Well yeah the spokes meet the rim flat, which is ok with me. I guess I meant the center hub, I'd like that to be sucked in like those. Maybe a little less offset would help? I just want a more flush/wide stance than stock offset and width.

ftfy!

I have a quick question about these wheels

I plan on running 17x9 35 offset on tires 215/45R17 the car is stock suspension with both front and read fender rolled

on the site "will it fit" it say it should be poking about 39.1mm more than before which is about 1 1/2in

Ik it going to rub on speed bumper and going into parking lots, but is it going to rub really badly

I have a quick question about these wheels

I plan on running 17x9 35 offset on tires 215/45R17 the car is stock suspension with both front and read fender rolled

on the site "will it fit" it say it should be poking about 39.1mm more than before which is about 1 1/2in

Ik it going to rub on speed bumper and going into parking lots, but is it going to rub really badly

tires will be stretched on the wheel, people on this forum will yell at you

and the wheels will be pretty damn flush with the fender if not poking out a bit depending on your suspension/alignment

tires will be stretched on the wheel, people on this forum will yell at you

and the wheels will be pretty damn flush with the fender if not poking out a bit depending on your suspension/alignment

the car is right now at stock camber F/R ~0.15/~0.40, but what if I run the camber at F/R at ~1

not to bad of a stretch :)http://www.tyrestretch.com/9.0_215_45_R17/9.0_215_45_R17_Goodride.jpg

I know I made this thread about Vordovens, but I think I am going to pass on them. Thinking about possibly Niche Targas or Konig Oversteers in 19x8.5 +40(ish) and wrapping them in 245/40Z Federal 595s.

This is my inspiration:

http://www.nicheroadwheels.com/cms_images/gallery/subaru_tagas_M.gif

These are 9.5 wide though and I probably won't be low, ever...

Archived