LegacyGT.com

When buying a used AP

Vengeance68

Okay, been doing a lot of reading. A LOT...

As much as I hate to admit it, MrTris :icon_mrgr, I am going to need one of these.

I loved having the Diablosport on my Magnum and it seems even more necessary with a forced induction car.

What are fair prices for used AP2's and AP3's?

Should I get one over the other?

Are there any issues with them being locked out to a previous vehicle? i.e. if I bought one from someone who stole it? Diablosport devices where bound to the vehicle you used them on.

Thank you,

Jason

As long as you buy an "unmarried" AP, it is able to be flashed to your car. The difference between the AP2 and 3 is the screen size, flash speed and data that is able to be displayed.

I have an APv2 and have found it to be a great upgrade from opensource. The AccessTuner Race software is where you are really spending your money.

If you have a valid AP serial #, AccessTuner Race is a free download from Cobb (http://www.cobbtuning.com/accesstuner-race-request-s/70716.htm). I got ATR copies for both my AP2 and recently acquired AP3 serial #'s this way.

Aside from the cost of go fast parts and the AP itself, the other $ should be spent on a good protune, unless you can/just want to run the OTS maps.

Seems that used AP2 go for b/n 325-400 depending on condition, used AP3 seem to fetch in the 500-600 range w/ a handful selling in the 450-500 range. I bought my AP3 in mint condition for $450 shipped/PP'd several months ago.

That said, I have an AP2-SUB-002 that I should be selling, just haven't gotten around to making a FS post about it...

Archived