LegacyGT.com

Pre & Post H-Tech Pix

TRS

Some before and after pictures showing the drop with Tein High Tech springs. The after shots were day of installation. They have settled an additional 1/4 inch with a couple hundred miles on them including a day of hard driving on a road course.

OEMsprings.jpg.cc813c3f43887ed50e78898c71fbb719.jpg

H-TechLowered.jpg.9a9227d0debd3665b4aad5cc3c172231.jpg

FrontGapBefore.thumb.jpg.c99a57ae5ffec4bb86e8c12e4b644b11.jpg

FrontGapAfter.thumb.jpg.e08c60500ce438a6fb9aed97c026a53b.jpg

RearGapBefore.thumb.jpg.4600e9dcbbf9cbb39a2ca678452341df.jpg

RearGapAfter.thumb.jpg.fe11e59e32b49639930b4d04359f0e09.jpg

FrontBefore.jpg.07e06f9d4a791761555a76013efd6bd0.jpg

FrontAfter.jpg.9a4defc9570af796187579dd6f5f3b0b.jpg

RearBefore.jpg.0bdd2967722e85a634344c93c6b79a8f.jpg

RearAfter.jpg.9ea6020214cd062d08e6f887dda05c02.jpg

Re: Handling

I'll admit I put them on mainly for the looks of decreasing the fender gap, with any increased handling an extra bonus.

Street driving reveals only a slight increase in jounce with minor to moderate road imperfections. Nothing objectionable, even preferable with a little more road "feel" now.

A road that I semi-regularly use that has sections that consist of lots of broken pavement and patches on top of patches is no more punishing than it was with the stock springs. Deep potholes, really low-set manhole covers, and rough RR crossings taken at speed will have you uttering "ouch", though the Legacy feels pretty solid with these jolts.

A lack of enthusiast-type roads around here along with usually too much traffic means I don't have a whole lot of "before and after" spirited driving experiences to compare, but a few days after having the High.Techs installed I did my first road track driving event.

After a couple of sessions to learn the track, to get a feel for the Legacy when really being pushed, and letting the paranoia of doing this on the stock re92 tires subside, I was pretty impressed with how the Legacy handled as I braked later and harder and carried more speed into the turns. I haven't seen the on-track pictures that were taken yet, but for springs geared more toward comfort (part of Tein's "Luxury Master" line) the car felt to corner fairly flat and dive on hard braking was minimal.

I'm quite happy with the results. Better appearance with the mild drop, retaining a comfortable ride for daily driving with the progressive rates, plus the benefit of a lowered center of gravity for having fun.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have the pictures from your track event that would be great to see. Also what is your feeling about the H-techs now that you have driven a few more miles. I am thinking of getting them, just trying to get some more feedback. For Pothole Heaven® NYC I think the H-techs may serve me best. I swear I think every pothole that dies comes to rest in the streets of NYC! :D

X

---

Here's a post with a link to some on-track photos: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=309966&postcount=187

So far, I'd have to say I'm very happy with the H-techs. They may not be the ultimate for puttin'-it-on-the-edge handling but then the vast majority of my driving, unfortunately, is just around town, to-and-from work kind of stuff. Due to the progressive rate of the springs they seem to be well suited for that. Major pothole season doesn't come 'til mid to late winter after some good freeze-thaw cycles so I haven't encountered any real serious craters yet.

On the track I think they performed admirably, though I don't have any track time on the stock springs for comparison purposes. The main limiting factor (besides my inexperiece) on the track I think was the stock tires, but they performed better than I thought they would, give all the bad mouthing they've gotten.

Noticed you got that JDM rear sway bar.... you have a front?

I would absolutely LOVE to see your car on some Work Emotions (18") & the JDM spec B front bumper! That would drive me NUTS!

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=645

This pic for teh win maing! Absolutely wonderful!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Wow! Your car in moion looks awesome! Great pics, and I love the small drop, I think I am sold on the H-Techs. I see them on e-bay for around $165 shipped. If you don't mind where did you get them from?

Once again awesome pics, compliments to the person behind the camera!

X

---

Wow! Your car in moion looks awesome! Great pics, and I love the small drop, I think I am sold on the H-Techs. I see them on e-bay for around $165 shipped. If you don't mind where did you get them from?

Once again awesome pics, compliments to the person behind the camera!

X

I got mine from TurboEvolution, one of the vendors here. According to this thread they're still offering them for $150 + shipping.

• 1 month later...
wrx2blackGT - Sorry we missed your post. In regards to our springs vs. the H-Techs; the analogy to fruit is this. Even though they're both springs "ie: fruit" they're of totally different types. We've found in the past first hand as well as from our customers that the springs from TEIN will fatigue extremely quick after about a year or so. They also tend to corrode quite quickly in the Canadian environment (we don't even use salt here in the Rockie's during the winter!) the only "plus" side to the TEIN's is that they're inexpensive relatively speaking. Our customers who frequently do solo1, solo2 and various other auto-x events who've tried both the TEIN's as well as our springs have noticed a marked improvement in car control, handling, ride as well as their course times.

Dude how do you keep your wheel wheel so clean thats all I want to know?:icon_bigg

i don't think you were asking me, but my wheels pretty much look new (after 14 months) even on the interior because about every 1 to 2 weeks i hit them with Eagle 1 tire and wheel cleaner. While it's on...make sure you scrub everything good with a wheel brush. The key to it is frequency...don't let crap build up.

• 3 weeks later...

With the Tein's do you have to cut the bump stop and replace the endlinks? Just wondering as I am a little unfamiliar with these springs.

On my SRT-4 I put Eibachs on and had to cut the bump stop and replace the endlinks and front bushings. Just trying to see if I would have to do the same with the Tein's. I tried searching but I came up with nothing. Thanks.

Archived