LegacyGT.com

airbag light

Energyblue98

Let me preface this by saying that I have seen posts related to this topic, but none of them seemed to have a conclusive answer..

My airbag light has come on my 2008 Spec B. If i turn the car off and on again it will go away for a few seconds but then come right back. I don't want to screw around with this as I don't want (1) the airbag to deploy while driving or (2) the airbag to not deploy in an accident.

Is this a common problem with a sensor somewhere? where can I start checking? or is this a computer reset problem? I have recently changed out the battery with an optima.. did something reset?

I have the same light pop up. we scanned the car and it comes out as the "passenger air bag inflator". the light comes and goes depending if i have a passenger in my car or not.

What is weird is that when a person is sitting in the car the light is on. The next time i am driving alone the light is gone till the next time i start the car again.

I am not to sure if it is the inflator or the weight sensor in the seat. get it scnned.

• 4 weeks later...
I had this issue with my 09 Legacy. The only solution I could find is to remove the overhead console and re solder the connections. Trust me this actually works. Do a search for this fix and you will find plenty of instructions.

I had this issue with my 09 Legacy. The only solution I could find is to remove the overhead console and re solder the connections. Trust me this actually works. Do a search for this fix and you will find plenty of instructions.

If you say this works then I will believe you and I will do it. but are you sure this would fix the airbag light on the dashboard? The passenger side weight sensor seems to be working fine and the overhead console indicator light seems to be working just fine.

This was the same issue I had. The overhead indicators seemed to be working fine. After I re soldered the connections the indicator lights where brighter and the dashboard light turned off. I haven't had any problem since.

Archived