LegacyGT.com

Fun with OHM meter... Legacy has piss poor grounding?

I just like to hear from Legacy owners...some of these findings (on the thread) are more mature and scientifically sound. I'd like to hear more from here.

+1. The posts here are a LOT more informative and mature than the posts on Nabisco. I'm definitely willing to listen as well:).

Mika

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll probly break out the Multi-Meter tomorrow if I get bored enough and it's not too hot out

Oh I miss Colorado. :wub: If I was up there, I'd let you borrow my ginormous cooling fan...its seriously blows cold air. It's pretty neat. Then we could have fun with the multimeter. :D

I measured NO resistance from any grounded point on the car to the battery. Disconnected battery and again measured NO resistance.

Meter read 0.1-0.2 OHMS From any point on the engine, alternator, frame... anything to ground. Meter also read 0.1-0.2 between the two leads of the meter...so I got no resistance whatsoever in my car's electrical system.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 3 weeks later...
I measured NO resistance from any grounded point on the car to the battery. Disconnected battery and again measured NO resistance.

Meter read 0.1-0.2 OHMS From any point on the engine, alternator, frame... anything to ground. Meter also read 0.1-0.2 between the two leads of the meter...so I got no resistance whatsoever in my car's electrical system.

...and in Layman's terms that means?

Anyone who participated in the thread have more findings? I'd like to have a scientific method of hooking up the points.

I was thinking just to follow the factory's grounding points but some people said on here that they found something better so I guess either I can re-read everything in this thread OR just wait for pictures and proof. Making your own grounding kit isn't hard and costs maybe $20 bucks if that for wire and materials.

Means a grounding kit would just be adding weight to my car.

So then the $64,000 question is: Did you have the stuttering problem? I believe that was the issue that prompted all this grounding testing in the first place.

Archived