LegacyGT.com

My first 50 miles review

Well, when I said the shift into 5th was rather rubbery, I was comparing it to the other gears. It certainly does feel much better than my GTI, but for some reason the shift to 5th just seems like I'm reaching way too far right and hunting around versus the crisper 2-3 shifts. I don't know, it's just odd somehow. Not a big deal anyway, as by the time you're hitting 5th, the fun is over and you're just cruising.

Upgraded tires are a definite wish list item. I need to feel out the car first to just determine what it is I can and can't live with and the priorities. I really would like to get a set of new rims and summer performance tires and keep the stockers and RE92s for winter (at least for this year and maybe next year a set of winter tires go on) If I decide I can't swing the cost of rims or my money would be best spent on other mods, the RE92s get ditched and some better high performance all seasons get thrown on stock rims. I don't know, so many wishes, so few $s. I'll probably just ride out this winter on stock tires and rims and save up the money for spring.

After putting on another 100 miles, the car is starting to feel a stronger. Of course again, this break in crap is really just torture. I figure I'll easily be able to put 200+ more miles on this weekend, if not more.

I spent a good couple hours last night washing and putting on some Klasse AIO and SG. Damn, the sun goes down too fast now. But man, it looks so sweet now, almost wet. This weekend a second coat of SG goes on and the rest of the detailing gets done.

Oh, and I'm really getting sick of the monkey business I have to go through to put all four windows up. I too am very interested in jerami1981 and your progress towards auto up. I love the LGT to death, but I tell ya, that mod alone would be worth it's weight in gold for someone who is used to just flicking the buttons once and having all windows magically go all the way up as you're racing down the onramp.

auto up/down drivers windows can be had my friend..hopefully in a month or so i'll have auto up/dowbn all windows and auto open/close sunroof..all available to be controlled through remote as well...factory remote that is..i'd rather do it myself then have the factory charge my $800 for it when there are great people out there to do it for less.

Yes Please. Could you post updates as you get closer to availibility.

Thanks for the tips on the reverse, I will keep that in mind for when I drive again. I fought with reverse today again, so will see how it goes next time. 5th gear is a little bit of a stretch, but I think it is good to not go into it by mistake, plus it is only supposed to be a cruising gear. the 3rd - 4th are just very nice and precise for me. Can't wait to get a short shifter!

I must admit that I love this car the most between 3K and 4K RPM. I don't know how the higher RPM's feels since I am still going through the torture (break-in period) I probably will be putting 400 to 500 miles over the weekend with my trip to MD, but I will be taking it easy and stopping often.

X

---

The first time I test drove an LGT, I absolutely could not get the car into reverse. The way the dealer lot was set up, I had to drive all the way around the lot (right by the windows of the sales side) back to the car's parking spot and pull in forward.http://www.illfindsomethingtoputhere.com/funforum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

Maybe your LGT is limp, not mine.

Sorry Hogmeat, I would drive a hybrid before I would ever drive a Pontiac. Please.

No - MY Legacy GT is limp below 2500 - and that was my comment!! I still think that the power deliver comes on nice, strong and reasonably linear above that.

However, anyone who buys an LGT should realize that they're buying a forced induction engine. That includes myself. And that was probably the hardest part for me about going to the LGT - the lack of low end grunt.

HIDs, handling, slick 6 speed - all these advantages of my old R32 are outweighed in spades by alot of other things the 5MT wagon does well. However, I still miss the R32 engine - I know I know - I need to go to stage 2!

Albert

PS Slickvic - so will you drive a rebadged Pontiac Prius? :D

No - MY Legacy GT is limp below 2500 - and that was my comment!!
Sorry Dot, it was late into the night when I replied. I guess I am ok with my LGT low end becuase I used to drive a 1982 Mazda RX-7 for almost 10 years with a whopping 100HP / 97LbFt of torque!

But it was fun to rev the snot out of it. :D

Compared to other cars, the LGT isn't too bad in the low-grunt dept / turbo lag. To get any kind of decent acceleration out of my 2001 TT (180hp model) I really had to push the pedal. Only after about 3500rpm did the car start to decently accelerate. My LGT on the other hand, didn't even seem to sweat a single drop accelerating.

I do think/agree that your prior experiences with other cars will color your perception of how good or bad the LGT accelerates - especially if you're used to driving powerful NA engines.

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

^+1

It's the same, I think of driver's perception of turbo lag or how "hard" the turbo "hits."

Depending on previous experience, perceptions of the LGT can easily be altered.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived