LegacyGT.com

Help Subaru Outback 3.0R Supercharger Setup

Guys ,

I've just signed up and need some help about these questions .:)

Very soon , i'll get myself a '07 or '08 Subaru Outback 3.0R 5EAT Wagon @ ~60K miles and quite interested to apply some performance upgrades to this vehicle. My target will be around ~350+WHP :rolleyes:

This will be the first time I build a performance setup.

Any advices/suggestions are welcome.:)

1-)I searched some kits for "Subaru EZ30 Engine" and decided to get a Raptor Supercharger . They offer 2 different kits one is standart EZ30 kit , and another is premium intercooled. What do you think about these kits? Are they good and reliable?Which one should i get?

2-)Also planning to get EZ30 performance headers from Raptor.What's your opinion about those headers? They have 2 offers. One is stainless polished another is ceramic coated.Does ceramic one gives any advantages compared to other one?

3-)Is Subaru's stock EZ30 engine is tough enough to handle this kind of power? I have no clue about these EZ30 H6 engines.

Do you think any engine upgrades will be needed for this kind of setup? (Forged Pistons , Rods , Sleeves , Exhaust valves , etc...)

4-) I think i'm gonna need a valve body mod & diff bushings for 5EAT transmission.HexMods F1 maybe?

5-)What about the torque converter?. Can you suggest a TC to maximize the performance at wheels, and minimize the power losses?(I presume stock TC won't handle the job)

Thank you & best wishes.;)

Archived