LegacyGT.com

XM Radio

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It happens to me, it depends on which channel you're listening to. If I listen to 2 & 3, it doesn't revert to channel 1, but if I listen to other channel greater than 40 it does it. My subscription should already end, but it's still listenable some channels, except #3 that I listen the most, they seem to cut that first and giving me chances to renew it. So far it's like they sending me renewal mail at least 3x a week, and without looking it's going directly to the trash. There's no way in hell I would pay for this crabby service. Local radio works even better, doesn't cut off whenever I go under a building or through a ATM drive through. As well as the channel reverting to channel 1 is just ridiculous for a pay program.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

My does not switch to 1 I listen to 57 58 72 etc. But on the web they say when you are on special channels???? . What I believe once you lock end the channel number everything stay as left them. I have 2 lifetime subscription since 2001.
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

My does not switch to 1 I listen to 57 58 72 etc. But on the web they say when you are on special channels???? . What I believe once you lock end the channel number everything stay as left them. I have 2 lifetime subscription since 2005.

I am thinking to get lifetime subscription before my trial period ends on 1/3/15. If you don't mind me asking, was it money well spent for you? If you do mind, please just ignore my question...

Guest rayms69
siriusXM i believe, the two companies joined forces a few years back, go to their website and verify. I dont know if a lifetime is worth it to you, is to me. I love the clarity/quality of the sound

Thanks. I wanted to change my subscription to lifetime but they told me that they don't offer it anymore.

RJG

How did you contact them? As far as I know, you have to call them in order to get lifetime subscription. Also, there is a 2-part subscription, one for music and one for traffic alerts or something. It is confusing, that is why I can't make up my mind.

Guest rayms69
I cant stand local radio,tv,news,none of it. directv and XM(what i call it from the inception of XM which was first before sirius) are God sends. I would have gone mad years ago without them. Traffic is a waste to me, just call a talk to them, they always have been easy to work with. Make sure you ask them for a little extra off cause we were all talking good stuff about them on our forum. Thats the way i roll

I am thinking to get lifetime subscription before my trial period ends on 1/3/15. If you don't mind me asking, was it money well spent for you? If you do mind, please just ignore my question...

It been almost 10 years and yes money well spent. I have transfered from one vehicle to another it use to be free but now they charge $75.00 service charge really no big deal they need to make some money. When I bought the 2 lifetimes subscriptions I took a chance since Sirius was relative a new product but after 2.5 years its been free sailing.

As for traffic for me it is a real waste of time since most alerts are on I95 which is an hour away. If you have read any of my prior post I hooked on an android app Waze since it's social supported You receive disabled vehicles, traffic cams, accidents, police location, speed trap etc.

siriusXM i believe, the two companies joined forces a few years back, go to their website and verify. I dont know if a lifetime is worth it to you, is to me. I love the clarity/quality of the sound

The difference was when Sirius acquired XM and the old radio would not received the other signals since they were different satellites. Now it is SiriusXM and the new radios are now compatible for all Sirius and XM.

Guest rayms69
yeah i had XM for years, when i bought my audi, it came with a sirius reciever and i had to buy the correct audi, luckily at dealer cost, they put it in free, scrathes the plastic rear panels, got lots of free stuff for that screw up. Anyways i have never experienced a loss of signal or any BS. A must paired with the 12 nicely powered speakers, quite lovely.

Ray I agree the only time I ever lost signal is going through a tunnel or stopped under an overpass. I really pleased with our radio the sound is crisp, the crossover is so fine, I do not need any equalizer bass boost etc. This is one of the best sounding car radios out there. IMHO

What gets me BMW calls their system surround sound but Subaru does not say anything

It is alluded to in HK website for Subaru. I think BMW has some special privilege to say surround sound.

Guest rayms69
i did hear a little rattle in the pass door when the bass was hittin on some Steel pulse one time, im gonna look at dynamat door kits, would make it that much quieter too

I contacted Subaru through their website about this issue and finally got back a response today regarding the fact that the radio "mothers" us...

I contacted the supplier for the audio system in your 2015 Legacy Sedan. They advised that this is a design feature of the satellite radio in our 2015 Legacy and Outback models. This change in design was due to complaints from owners of previous models wherein the system sometimes defaulted to a radio station that played explicit language. In response to those complaints, the supplier changed the logic to not have the audio turned on with an explicit language station playing. If set to such a station before turning off the vehicle, it will default to a different station. The supplier was thankful that you brought your experience and feedback to our attention. It will be considered when developing future products. Subaru along with our suppliers are always striving to improve upon our products in an effort to meet our customers interests.

I did respond back and told him that I hope that he'd pass along to the supplier that it would have been nice if they simply put in an option for those folks who are too ignorant to remember that they were listening to an explicit channel so it would revert back to something "safe" so the rest of us could not have to change the channel when we get back into the vehicle and that they should provide an update to fix it...

anywhoo...

Hankm. I never had any trouble but I do not listen to X rated or what some call offensive language stations. I do understand the reasoning behind not leaving locked on those stations. Most likely someone complain at some point that the suits(PC police) decided on this approach.

That's why I'm not buying XM, they been out for a long time still has those stupid glitches.

Now a days it is not really as important as it was years ago. Internet radio/ Music pods/ smart phones/ etc. But I bought my lifetime memberships in 2001 and I am taking advantage of this service.:)

My trial period for All Access expires 1/8/2015 and I got an email for a special 6 months of XM Select for $30 or 12 months for $100. I called and the best I could get from them was 6 months for $25 or 12 months for $90. Has anyone been able to do any better?

That's why I'm not buying XM, they been out for a long time still has those stupid glitches.

It's not XM or Sirius that's the issue, the issue is the subcontractor that Subaru uses for the radio decided that they need to protect the listener and change the channel on them if they happen to be listening to "explicit content" when they shut the radio off.

My spouse's add on XM radio (and all the Sirius ones before that) doesn't do that. Only Subaru.

Archived