LegacyGT.com

cranks starts with starting fluid

Hello hope someone has some insight on this problem I have a 1990 legacy sw 2.2 89000 origianl miles just bought it it had been sitting bought off original owner got it home cleaned it up drained gas oil put new fuel pump in got spark got juice to injectors cranks won't start use start fluid fires right up runs until it uses that any ideas

Hello;

Is the new fuel pump working? Check to see if you have power back there. If not check the relays. Also check the under hood fuel filter. Pull the vacuum line off the fuel regulator and make sure there is no fuel leaking there. You can pull the return line off the main harness on the drivers side and see if fuel is present. Cannot think of much more, Steven.

Hello;

Hook up a test light across each injector plug to make sure that you are getting a signal to each injector. You should be getting an ohm meter reading of 10-15 across each injector. If you are not getting a signal check the cam/crank sensors, wiring, or a faulty ecu. No ohm reading or open circuit would indicate faulty injectors, Steven.

Want to unsubscribe to this forum because I do not like being on these things not sure why I singed up got the problem fixed so can you tell me how to get off here I have email to find out I do not know how to unsubscribe thanks and hope you will understand what are the steps to unsubscribe please

Archived