LegacyGT.com

Chatter/Rattle noise from clutch

i had my clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing replaced 1500 miles ago then last week when driving at low speed deceleration i could hear a rattle coming from my gearbox area. more so the bell housing. i was frustrated because it was the same noise i had before the clutch was replaced last time.

now with that said anything else it could be that is causing this noise it was a stock replacement clutch broken in properly the car is an 06 LGT 5spd with stage 2 accessport OTS tune has intake, turbo back and that is it for power mods. car hold the power well while in higher gears no slipping of the clutch just a clunking and rattle noise that is quite loud coming from the clutch area at low speed. :confused:

it is getting worked on tomorrow, mechanic said it could be an issue with the motor, i ran a data log motor is in perfect health, so i am personally ruling that out. my thoughts are a failure in the replacement clutch parts.

anyone else have this issue. it is a factory flywheel i am wondering if this could possibly be an issue as well.

I checked that thread and thank you however that is not the noise my car is making. Its sounds like rocks in my bell housing and i have a lul in power at low rpm along with bouncy acceleration. I will know tomorrow. It was making the noise before the clutch replacement. Stopped after then came back so im assuming same problem

Did they greased up all the contact point like at the shift fork to the slave, and where it contact the throw out bearing ?

that i have no idea, i am currently at school and the car is 2 hours away from me. if i had the time and space i would have done it all myself. i was making a squeeking noise upon depressing the clutch after the replacement. i also did notice after the install i was stalling quite a bit. and i have been driving stick since i had my licence. which was quite funny :eek:

Archived