LegacyGT.com

Long Travel Wide Stance Suspension

At the risk of sounding stupid, I was wondering if any of you know if early 2000's Foresters have longer front control arms? And if so are they compatible with our leggys?

I do a lot of offroading/rallying here in Northern Arizona and am looking for a little wider stance and more travel without dropping thousands of dollars. I already have Forester XT springs and struts and they were a great improvement in stiffness, handling, and ground clearance. I clear a basketball and am not looking to add more height but more width for handling and for times when I may or not hit elevated cattle guards at 90+ mph to soften the landing. If not Forester control arms does anyone have any other suggestions? I'd love to get another 2-3 inches of travel if possible. Since I am doing this for handling purposes please don't suggest wheel spacers I will weld up my own control arms before I do that.

Lastly this brings to light longer axles does anyone know any avenues for a solution to this problem?

Thanks guys. I posted some pictures of my leggy for you all to enjoy.

subaru.thumb.jpg.944fe31d53b914c893928e44df09342e.jpg

subaru1.jpg.165c2560cf46d2fa0d60a89bb7fcd2a0.jpg

subaru3.jpg.4a133621276d82fee6ced56aa00f23fb.jpg

yea sorry I mentioned 2-3 inches more of travel and that may be confusing I'm also looking for another 2 inches of width as well, and I am more focused on the width I'm guessing I have around 12 inches of travel now and more than that is alot to ask but width would be great. I kinda figured I'm looking at fabricating but I was just throwing it up here to see if anyone had suggestions.

i think all the control arms are the same, lego, outback, impreza, forester.

as are the hubs, spindles, tie rod ends, ball joints, ABS sensors, etc.

brakes are different (sizes) impreza to outback, but the entire assembly will swap with matching wheels.

maybe steering racks, and sway bars are the same too, but maybe not.

but i would have to look up the part numbers at to be sure.

http://opposedforces.com/parts

Archived